This post was last updated on February 19th, 2015 at 10:23 am
We first tried this cilantro salsa last year when we enjoyed a great variant of a Columbian potato soup, Ajiaco. We loved the soup but thought the salsa we garnished it with was the real sleeper of the meal. Each time we have blended up the sauce since, I have wondered why I don’t keep it stock.
It is fresh, vibrant, and nutritious.
Use it in soups that need some extra flavor and would be complemented by cilantro. Use it to dip vegetables or bread. I admit that I have licked it off the spoon.
Cilantro Salsa Ingredients
- 1 fresh jalapeno pepper, chopped a bit
- 1 packed cup of cilantro
- 2 peeled cloves of garlic, chopped a bit
- 1/2 cup of white wine vinegar
Cilantro Salsa Steps
- Clean the seeds and membrane from the jalapeno. Chop it just a bit.
- Chop the garlic a bit.
- Add the jalapeno, cilantro, garlic, and vinegar to the blender. Blend.
- You will have to stop the blender several times, pushing down the ingredients before you form a sauce.
- When the sauce is relatively smooth, pour it into a serving container to enjoy.