For a holiday beverage good hot or cold, with dairy milk or coconut milk, with bourbon or without, this drink combines cranberry with holiday spices for a memorable drink.
We used dried cranberries which we soaked overnight in bourbon. Water would do but it certainly would not provide the richness of bourbon. For a stronger adult beverage, soak the cranberries in extra bourbon so that you can add cranberry-infused bourbon to your drink.
Cranberry Coconut Ingredients
- 2 cups coconut milk.
- 4 rounded tablespoons of dried cranberries.
- An ounce or two of bourbon to cover the cranberries. Replace with alcohol of your choice or use water or a complementary juice.
- 2 teaspoons of vanilla.
- 1 tablespoon of pumpkin pie spice.
- Additional bourbon to taste. (Optional)
Cranberry Coconut Steps
- For best results, soak your cranberries in bourbon, juice, or water at least three hours in advance to soften the berries.
- Once your berries are soaked, warm your coconut milk or dairy milk to your desired temperature for a warm beverage.
- Add your cranberries to a blender with either the bourbon or about 1/4 cup of coconut milk if you are passing on the bourbon. Blend well.
- Add the rest of the coconut milk and all remaining ingredients to the blender. Blend for about two minutes to get more of a whipped drink.
- For the spices, start with about 1 tablespoon and add more to suit your taste. Consider adding more vanilla as well.