This post was last updated on August 16th, 2014 at 01:14 pm
This wonderful salad is so easy, the compliments it brings are almost embarrassing.
Cucumber Salad with Sour Cream Ingredients
- 5 cups of tender young cucumber slices
- Sour cream, about 1 cup of sour cream to 5 cups of cucumber
Freshly minced garlic, 2-3 cloves per 1 cup of sour cream
- Dill weed, fresh or dried, about 1 tablespoon to 1 cup of sour cream
- Freshly minced garlic, 2-3 cloves per 1 cup of sour cream
- Salt and pepper
Cucumber Salad with Sour Cream Steps
- Select cucumbers that are slim and firm. These are the crispest and sweetest.
- Slice into quarter inch rounds and place into a serving bowl.
- Salt lightly and toss. The salt will begin to draw some of the juice out of the cucumber slices. You want this to occur because the cucumber juice is needed to water down your dressing.
- The dressing consists of sour cream, dill weed, garlic and freshly ground pepper. You can mix these together in a separate bowl or mix them together on top of the cucumbers. At any rate, thoroughly mix this dressing into your cucumber pile until ever slice is coated.
- Serve with spicy foods – perfect complement. That’s why Indian, Mexican, and Middle Eastern cuisines all feature cucumbers.
- This salad will keep in the frig for several days. However, more of the juice will extract from the cucumbers and cause the dressing to become more runny and the cucumber loses some crispness as the days pass.. The flavor is still great. The aesthetics change.