This is an extremely easy approach to cooking a nourishing favorite: grilled salmon. Loaded with beneficial Omega 3 fats, this method is simple and keeps the natural moisture of the salmon locked into the fish. We use this grilled salmon recipe often in our own meal plans. Check out the video below and do not overlook the companion video on tartar sauce.
Ingredients: Grilled Salmon
- Salmon fillets, washed and patted dry
- Finely minced garlic, 2 cloves per fillet
- Lemon juice
- Dill weed
- Salt and pepper
- Sheets of foil, one per fillet
Steps: Easy Grilled Salmon
- Lay out each salmon fillet on a sheet of foil. The foil sheets need to be large enough to do a tight wrap before you whisk the salmon to the grill. Place each fillet skin-side down.
- Sprinkle each fillet with garlic, lemon juice, dill weed, salt and pepper. Adjust the amount to suit your own taste and the tastes of those you will be feeding.
- Wrap each fillet into a tight packet. This packet keeps the juices in and keeps the fish moist.
- Place on a pre-heated grill and close it up. Figure 4-7 minutes per side depending on how thick the fillets are. Having the fish in packets keeps it from burning too quickly and the packets facilitate the turning. Quick and easy!
- Serve immediately with homemade tartar sauce. This is mouth-wateringly good. No one comes late to dinner on this one.
- Try this method with other solid fish like swordfish steaks or halibut.
- Make some packets of veggies to grill. Just be certain to put them on a few minutes sooner than your easy grilled salmon.