Seasoned butter can turn the plainest vegetables into gourmet offerings. Be brave and experiment like crazy. You will come up with your own signature flavors that folks will recognize and enjoy.
This seasoned butter is adapted from Allana Kellog’s blog. Her moniker is “The Veggie Evangelist”. Check out her offerings. They are bright and inventive.
I was looking for fresh ways to enjoy fresh green beans when I found Alanna. This butter is superb on green beans, but would be equally delicious on steamed cauliflower, a baked potato, or hot quinoa. The flavor is bright and fresh with as much fire as you want to add.
Garlic Chili Lime Butter Ingredients
- 1/2 cup of butter, softened
- 1 jalapeño pepper, seeded and minced (more or less)
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
Garlic Chili Lime Butter Steps
- Place the soften butter in a small mixing bowl.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and combine thoroughly.
- Taste for seasonings. You may want to add more pepper. You may need more salt. Suit yourself on this issue.
How easy is that?!?