This one is fast becoming a favorite among my sons not only because it is richly delicious but because they can make it themselves in almost an instant. From start to finish, they can put this recipe together and clean it up before I even realize what is going on. Discovering this keen use of Greek yogurt has changed their lives. 🙂
Find them in the video below gushing about it.
This is a simple concept that leverages the natural richness of Greek yogurt. You simply add your favorite flavors and perhaps an additional sweetener. The texture is not quite like a traditional ice cream (and it will freeze hard if left for more than a few hours in the freezer), but as I said, it’s a big hit because it is so easy and these guys can make it themselves. (Add a bit of salt or high proof alcohol to get a softer ice cream.)
This is the boys’ recipe for chocolate peanut butter Greek yogurt but you can see from the video that they might have gone a bit overboard on the chocolate portion when it came down to filming it. As I said, the recipe is completely flexible and allows you to add as much chocolate as you might try to get away with, something my boys have apparently tested in some depth.
Check out their video and be sure to subscribe to their channel Half Pint Hacks.
Greek Yogurt Ice Cream Ingredients
- 2 cups of Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons chocolate syrup (ours is 2/3 chocolate and 1/3 coconut oil melted)
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup or other sweetener
Greek Yogurt Ice Cream Steps
- Combine the ingredients in a small bowl.
- Stir well. (You might add the last spoonful of chocolate at the end and not stir it in well, allowing for a swirl.)
- Place in the freezer for a few hours. Eat.