This post was last updated on September 19th, 2017 at 10:29 am
Are you a fan of planned leftovers? If so, this stunning composed salad could be on your table in 15 minutes.
The necessary planned leftover is chili lime green beans. The beans are tender-crisp and beautifully seasoned. They stand alone as an outstanding side dish. You probably served them a couple days before serving this salad. Today you add vine-ripened tomatoes. Since ripe tomatoes and green beans arrive at the same time in the home garden, they appear to be the perfect go-together. Some crispy bits of bacon and freshly grated Parmesan cheese pull this salad together.
Not a fan of bacon? Try topping the salad with toasted pine nuts, almonds, or walnuts. Try feta instead of Parmesan. Add some black olives or slices of Canadian bacon. Truly, this composed salad is a canvas awaiting your artistic touch! Every time you put this salad together, it can be a unique creation.
In the ingredient list below we list no amounts of any ingredient. You determine the amounts by what you like the most, what you have on hand, and whether the salads will be a whole meal or a side dish.
Green Bean Salad Ingredients
- Chili lime green beans, prepared and at room temperature
- Several slices of premium quality bacon, cooked and crumbled
- Vine-ripened tomatoes, peeled, seeded, and cubed
- Grated Parmesan or Romano cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
- Optional garnishes: nuts, black olives, basil, parsley, or mint sprigs
- Optional additional dressing: a home-made ranch to drizzle over the top of each salad http://www.freshbitesdaily.com/homemade-ranch-dressing/
Green Bean Salad Steps
- Divide the room temperature green beans among the number of plates you plan to serve. Arrange the beans nicely so that the cubed tomato will sit well on top of them. This is a work of art, after all!
- Divide the cubed tomato evenly among the plates and apply the salt and pepper to suit your palate. Keep in mind that the bacon is salted and the cheese you add may be quite salty.
- Sprinkle the bacon over the tomatoes.
- Dust the tops of the salads with grated Parmesan or Romano cheese. Is your mouth already watering?
- Drizzle on a good home-made dressing or serve one or more dressings for each person to customize their salad at the table.
- Garnish with whatever you have on hand.