We’re in California with avocados and guacamole all over the place. On one hand, I do feel like the best guacamole is whatever is in front of you at the time, we simply don’t make guac if we don’t have these key ingredients:
- lemon or lime juice
- fresh garlic
And, you know, avocados….
A mild chili pepper is a welcome bonus.
The good news for us is that we keep lemons, salt, and garlic stock in the kitchen. When we run into an avocado bounty, we are ready to go.
I can’t say I ever measure any of these ingredients, but I grabbed a quick measurement to toss here on Fresh Bites Daily.
- 4 medium avocados
- 1 large lemon or 3 small limes, juiced
- 2 cloves of fresh garlic, minced
- 1 large tomato (optional)
- 1 small white or yellow onion, minced (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Slice the avocados in half. Scoop out the fruit. Mash it in a bowl.
- Combine the rest of the ingredients well and adjust the salt.