Being inspired by a scoop of lavender lemon sorbet at the Paso Robles Lavender Festival, I returned home knowing what I would make the very next day.
Lavender and most fruit pair up beautifully. Lavender and honey pair well. I happened to have a few very ripe white peaches that tasted like a delicate honey. Bingo! These were the kind of peaches that have dark red markings around the pit. The dark red translated into light pink in the final product. The color of your fruity treat could vary greatly depending on the type of peach you use.
This treat is so simple, it’s almost embarrassing and so delicious you do not want to stop eating. Do give this a try!
Lavender Peach Ice Cream Ingredients
- 6 ripe peaches, peeled and pitted
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 1 tablespoon crushed culinary lavender buds
- A bit of honey if needed
Lavender Peach Ice Cream Steps
- Whirl the peaches in a blender or food processor until smooth.
- Add the cream, extract, and lavender buds.
- Whirl just enough to thoroughly blend the ingredients.
- Place the mixture into a freezer container to chill until ice crystals begin to form.
- Pour the icy mixture into a home ice cream maker, following the manufacturer’s instructions.
- When the process is complete, scrape the ice cream mixture out of the ice cream maker into a freezer container and cover it tightly. Freeze for 4-5 hours before serving. If the ice cream is frozen overnight or for several days, you may need to set it out to soften a bit before scooping.