This post was last updated on February 4th, 2014 at 03:20 pm
When ripe, densely flavored fruit is available, take the opportunity to serve it fresh with a few adornments. This peach compote dish should inspire your creativity. With peaches I prefer the late season selections. They have rich flavor, sturdy texture, and usually are freestone. Here in Central California, they are available at every fruit stand and in most backyards. This is a simple way to enjoy their full flavor and their antioxidant goodness.
The almond liqueur is optional, but highly recommended.
Serves: # 4
Peach Compote Ingredients
- 4 peaches, peeled and sliced
- 4 tablespoon almond liqueur
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ¾ cup coarsely chopped and roasted almonds
Peach Compote Steps
- Place the peach slices in individual dessert dishes, the more beautiful, the better.
- Sprinkle a tablespoon of liquor over each peach portion and allow to sit for a few minutes for the flavors to blend.
- Drizzle the cream over the peaches and sprinkle on the toasted almonds.
Peach Compote Variations
- Eliminate the cream and use the fruit mixtures as a topping on vanilla iced cream.
- Use other fruit: bananas with brandy, cantaloupe with rum.