Raspberry Peach Pops
Have you ever noticed how fruit varieties that come to harvest at the same time in any given area usually taste really good together? Whose great plan was that!?!
This fruit combination for popsicles plays on that synergy. We were coming to the close of our raspberry crop. You know how it is when there’s not much left and everyone wants a last taste. Dividing up the few raspberries between popsicle molds really makes the most of a cup of berries. Everyone was happy!
You can keep these cool treats just fruit or you can add heavy cream to the peach puree. I like including the cream because our young boys need a few extra calories. I also like the cream because of the rich goodness it imparts to the flavor. I don’t need those calories but savor the flavors. (Important Rule: Keep the cook interested and enthusiastic!)
Raspberry Peach Pops Ingredients
- 1 cup fresh raspberries
- 3-4 very ripe peaches, peeled, pitted and sliced
- 1/2 cup heavy cream or fresh orange juice
- a bit of honey if needed
- a few drops of almond extract
Raspberry Peach Pops Steps
- Divide the raspberries evenly between four popsicle molds.
- Puree the peaches in a blender or food processor.
- Add the cream or orange juice and almond extract. Pulse to blend.
- Taste for sweetness. If your mixture is too tart, add a drizzling of honey until it is just right.
- Pour the fruit mixture into the popsicle molds. Tap each mold on a hard surface to ensure the peach mixture filling in between the berries all the way to the tip.
- Insert the popsicle sticks.
- Freeze for 5-6 hours.
Enjoy these treats. Of course, you will wish you had made more.