This post was last updated on September 15th, 2017 at 06:34 am
Are you getting a bit bored with cauliflower or at least bored with the way you have been cooking it? Be bored no longer! Take this salad recipe for a spin and see if you don’t get a fresh new insight into that big white head of vegetable goodness.
This cauliflower is seasoned and roasted to perfection — perfect according to your pallet. After roasting, you toss the roasted cauliflower with an assortment of fresh ingredients. These ingredients bring a variety of texture and color to the bowl along with bright flavors. It may remind you of spring!
Drizzle on some extra virgin olive oil and squeeze on some fresh lemon juice. Toss. Toss. Toss. Now you have a dynamic salad. It’s simple and very quick, aside from the actual roasting time.
Have a couple bites. Enjoy the freshness. Consider what else you might add to this recipe. What is provided here is a good foundation for a number of additions. Would you like black olives or toasted pine nuts? What about bits of leftover cooked chicken? Little cubes of mozzarella would be delightful in this mix. Consider some shredded fresh greens like spinach, tender kale, or chard. Let your imagination run free. Every time you make this salad can be a whole new experience!
Roasted Cauliflower Salad Ingredients
- 1 large head of cauliflower, washed and broken up into small pieces
- 1 teaspoon cajun seasoning
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup
- 1 1/2 tablespoons light olive oil (or another oil suited to high temperatures)
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest
- Juice from 1 small lemon or 1/2 large lemon
- 2 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 bunch of radishes, cleaned and thinly sliced
- 3 green onions, washed and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, finely minced
- 1/4 cup flat-leafed parsley, washed and finely minced
- 1 teaspoon dried basil or 1 tablespoon fresh basil, finely minced
- Salt and pepper to taste
Roasted Cauliflower Salad Steps
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Place the cauliflower pieces on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Sprinkle with oil, maple syrup, and seasoning.
- Toss well to evenly distribute the seasoning and to ensure the cauliflower being completely coated in oil.
- Spread out the cauliflower in a single layer. Place the pan in the preheated oven and roast for about 20 minutes.
- Remove the pan from oven and turn cauliflower pieces over. Return to the oven for another 5-10 minutes. Check for doneness. You may like your cauliflower more or less roasted. Suit yourself on this!
- When the cauliflower is roasted to your specifications, remove the pan from the oven and away from the heat.
- Sprinkle all of the remaining ingredients over the top, except for the salt and pepper. (Remember, you can add lots of other interesting things at this point!)
- Toss until the veggies are well distributed and coated with oil.
- Taste for salt and pepper. Make the necessary adjustments.
- Pile your salad into a nice serving bowl and garnish with fresh parsley or basil.
- Let the salad sit for 10 minutes or so to blend the flavors. Keep the bowl in a warm spot so the salad doesn’t get cold. The flavors in this lovely are best when served warm or at room temperature.