This is a real sleeper. I roasted a pan of green tomatoes out of curiosity. There was such a pile of them, wasting a few green toms was no big deal. The experiment was on! The end result was so delightful and tasted most excellent on a cracker with cream cheese and roasted garlic.
- Crispy whole grain crackers
- Roasted green tomatoes at room temperature or warmer
- Softened lebneh (kefir cheese) or creamed cheese
- Roasted garlic cloves (roast a couple of garlic heads with the tomatoes)
- Hot sauce of your choice
- Cilantro leaves or other fresh herb for garnish
- Gently spread the cheese on the crackers.
- Select a roasted tomato half. Press it gently to flatten and then place on top of the cheese.
- Squeeze a roasted garlic clove or two to flatten and place it (them) on top of the tomato.
- Drizzle just a bit of hot sauce on top of your cracker creation. Choose a hot sauce mild enough to not overwhelm the other flavors on your cracker.
- Garnish each cracker creation with a bit of fresh herb: cilantro, basil, parsley, dill, oregano — any will do. Or make each cracker unique with different herbs.