This post was last updated on September 13th, 2017 at 01:17 pm
For many people, spaghetti squash is like a vegetable come from outer space. What in the world do you do with that thing? Roast it and use it once and you will be an expert. If you need a little help on that first time, here are the steps:
Roasting Spaghetti Squash
- Cut in half and remove seeds.
- Place skin side up on an oiled baking sheet.
- Oil the outsides of squash.
- Poke a couple holes in each half of the squash for steam to escape.
- Slow roast at 325 degrees until soft, 45-60 min.
- Cool enough to handle.
- Use a fork or two to pull up the shreds of squash and separate them — they don’t come right out of the oven “spaghetti-like.” You must fluff up the strands.
Every year more recipes are appearing online for using spaghetti squash. We have especially enjoyed the squash as the base for a warm salad.