Wise Bread put up a splendid list of ideas for using canned salmon. We have tried several of her suggestions and this frittata is a favorite. Nothing is more versatile than a good frittata: Serve it for brunch, lunch, dinner; serve it hot, warm, or cold. This frittata is full of flavor and protein which means it is tasty as well as satisfying. Feed six to eight people with this recipe.
Serve with garden-fresh heirloom tomatoes, sliced and drizzled with olive oil and white wine, salt and pepper. Beautiful colors, bright flavors to accompany the salmon flavors.
If you have leftovers, pack them up in the lunch bags. What a treat!
Salmon Frittata Ingredients
- 1 can good quality salmon (read our canned salmon review)
- 1 dozen eggs
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 2 cups cooked, chopped greens such as spinach, Swiss chard or arugula
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- 1 teaspoon dried hot pepper flakes
- 2 cups Swiss cheese, shredded
Salmon Frittata Steps
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Coat the inside of a 9 by 13 inch bake pan with coconut oil and line the bottom with the grated Swiss cheese.
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl and whip them.
- Add the salmon, cottage cheese, cooked greens, basil, and pepper flakes. Mix thoroughly.
- Pour the egg mixture over the Swiss cheese.
- Bake the frittata until cooked through, somewhere between 45 minutes and an hour. The frittata is done when you stick it with a sharp knife and the knife comes out without egg goo stuck to it.