Strawberry Cream Cups
These strawberry cream cups are simple to put together and will impress even the pickiest of guests. Their base is cream cheese, slightly sweetened with honey, and lightened just a bit by the addition of water. It sets up nicely with the addition of gelatin. The cream cheese portion of this recipe was inspired by a cheesecake recipe on the back of the box of Knox gelatin, adjusted with honey instead of sugar.
I have not attempted to scale this recipe to fit into the three parfait glasses in the picture. Rather, I make up this much of the cream cheese mixture and usually end up with several desserts, adding a dab of the cream cheese mixture here and there. This recipe calls for one tablespoon of gelatin (or one packet). You can cut it in half for a smaller service.
The Cream Cheese Mixture Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon gelatin (one packet)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Fresh strawberries
- Whipped cream
- Put gelatin in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stir in the gelatin allowing it to dissolve. Let it sit for five minutes to ensure that the gelatin is fully dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- In a mixer, beat the cream cheese, honey, and vanilla until creamy and well-mixed.
- Gradually add the gelatin mixture, beating continuously as you add small amounts.
- Refrigerate for a few hours until it has set up.
Once your cream cheese mixture has set up, spoon it into your serving dishes, cover with strawberry slices and a touch of whipped cream. Garnish with a whole strawberry.