These strawberry cream cups are simple to put together and will impress even the pickiest of guests. Their base is cream cheese, slightly sweetened with honey, and lightened just a bit by the addition of water. It sets up nicely with the addition of gelatin. The cream cheese portion of this recipe was inspired by a cheesecake recipe on the back of the box of Knox gelatin, adjusted with honey instead of sugar.
I have not attempted to scale this recipe to fit into the three parfait glasses in the picture. Rather, I make up this much of the cream cheese mixture and usually end up with several desserts, adding a dab of the cream cheese mixture here and there. This recipe calls for one tablespoon of gelatin (or one packet). You can cut it in half for a smaller service.
The Cream Cheese Mixture Ingredients
- 1 tablespoon gelatin (one packet)
- 1 cup boiling water
- 16 oz cream cheese
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Fresh strawberries
- Whipped cream
- Put gelatin in a small bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stir in the gelatin allowing it to dissolve. Let it sit for five minutes to ensure that the gelatin is fully dissolved, stirring occasionally.
- In a mixer, beat the cream cheese, honey, and vanilla until creamy and well-mixed.
- Gradually add the gelatin mixture, beating continuously as you add small amounts.
- Refrigerate for a few hours until it has set up.
Once your cream cheese mixture has set up, spoon it into your serving dishes, cover with strawberry slices and a touch of whipped cream. Garnish with a whole strawberry.