This post was last updated on September 12th, 2017 at 11:16 am
Since powdering dried tomatoes for the first time last year, I am continually amazed at the brightly intense tomato flavor that tomato powder imparts. Take this vinaigrette for instance. A freshly assembled vinaigrette is always wonderful but add tomato powder and you suddenly have the taste of summer bursting from the bottle. (Read more about tomato powder here.)
Use this dressing over a fresh salad, over roasted or steamed vegetables, over cooked grains or leftover pasta, or over a pita sandwich.
Take one taste and your creative food genius will take over!
Tomato Powder Vinaigrette Ingredients
- 3/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 freshly squeezed lemon juice or white wine vinegar
- 1 heaping tablespoon tomato powder
- Optional Additions: minced garlic, minced fresh herbs, freshly grated Parmesan
- Salt and pepper to taste
Tomato Powder Vinaigrette Steps
- Place the first three ingredients in a jar or salad dressing decanter. Allow the mixture to sit for 15 minutes for the tomato powder to rehydrate and release flavor into the dressing.
- Taste for salt and pepper and make adjustments.
- Add one or more optional ingredients. Try adding one at a time and tasting between each addition.